Sonneborn is a world leader in the manufacture and supply of high-purity specialty hydrocarbons for use in both the consumer and industrial marketplaces.
Since the early 1900s, the Sonneborn name has been synonymous with the highest-quality refined hydrocarbons. Our customers include some of the world’s most recognizable consumer and industrial goods manufacturers. Their loyalty is testament to our commitment to that promise. We are committed to the goal of providing our customers with premium products, superior technical capabilities and dependable service. Sonneborn LLC is managed by OEP Capital Advisors, L.P.
Sonneborn employees conduct business following our Core Values of Safety, Integrity, Innovation, Excellence, Respect, Teamwork and Courage. If you believe in these Values and strongly as we do and are qualified for any of the positions listed please feel free to submit your resume.
Careers in the United States:
Sonneborn’s Petrolia Manufacturing site is recruiting Scientists/Chemists. All candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University majoring in Chemistry or a closely related field. Experience in Petroleum, Polymers, Oils, Personal Care or other product lines is an advantage. We will consider recent graduates as well as individuals with experience. Please submit questions or resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of “Chemist Openings”. No Recruiters. Sonneborn is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sonneborn has an opening for a Buyer located in Petrolia, PA. This position is a critical link in the supply chain that serves our customers and focuses on the MRO purchasing for the Plant.
The Primary Duties include:
- Manage the performance of assigned suppliers and the development of appropriate programs with those suppliers that allow for the timely delivery of quality products and services in the most efficient and cost beneficial manner.
- Cost and productivity improvements for assigned area that encompass quality, cost and needs.
- Negotiate contracts beneficial to the organization with key metrics in cost savings, quality and timeliness.
- Ensure plant needs are met.
The Primary Requirements include:
- A 4-year Bachelor Degree is required; business, engineering, materials science or related field preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of purchasing/supply chain experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Advanced computer skills in Word and Excel are required.
- A strong understanding and working knowledge of computerized order, order entry, planning, and inventory systems are also required.
- Experience utilizing SAP is preferred.
- Other desired skills include process management, financial analysis, and negotiations.
- The selected candidate will have teamwork skills, be confident and adaptable with an ability to communicate in various situations. Conflict resolution skills, and the ability to work independently is also important.
Interested candidates should email email@example.com directly.
Careers in the Netherlands:
- None listed currently (check back soon).